Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rhetoric/Speeches

Sometimes words can be more powerful than actions and when spoken by great orators, they inspire us to greatness and connect us to the world around us. After I watch the video of “I Have a Dream” by Martin Luther King, Jr., I it attracts my attention to listen to more famous speeches in the world. Therefore, I search online to get more information. These are the greatest speeches ever spoken; a collection of messages from some of the greatest and most notable orators in history.
TOP 10 Greatest Speeches:
10. Socrates “Apology”
9. Mahatma Gandhi “Quit India”

8. John F. Kennedy “Inaugural Address”

7. Queen Elizabeth I “Against the Spanish Armada”

6. Franklin Delano Roosevelt “Pearl Harbor Address to the Nation”

5. Winston Churchill “Their Finest Hour”

4. Nelson Mandela “I am Prepared to Die”

3. Abraham Lincoln “The Gettysburg Address”

2. Jesus Christ “Sermon on the Mount”

1. Martin Luther King “I Have a Dream”

No comments:

Post a Comment